Its been a long time since I posted recipes. So I thought let me restart with a sweet. After reading a lot about quinoa recently, I have been trying new recipes with it. Here is the first one using Quinoa. This Pongal is sweet and delicious and below is the recipe. Please post your comments!
|Quinoa (we bought Quinoa from Sam’s club)||1/2 cup|
|Long grain (raw) rice||1/2 cup|
|Moong dhal||1 tbsp.|
|Cashew||10 – 15 pieces|
|Raisins||8 – 10 pieces|
- In a pressure cooker add quinoa, rice, moong dhal and water and allow it to cook for 3 whistles.
- Meanwhile add jaggery to warm water and mix well until jaggery is completely dissolved.
- After the pressure cooker cools down, open the lid and add the dissolved jaggery water to it and mix well.
- Now heat a small pan and add ghee, when the ghee melts, add cashews. As soon as the color of cashews change, add the raisins and cardamom powder, and remove from the stove.
- Add the garnish from step 4 to the pongal in the pressure cooker and mix well.
- Serve hot. Enjoy the sweet pongal.