Translate to your Language

Monday, October 17, 2011

Purple Cabbage Pulav (Pilaf)

While going through a cooking book, I came across this recipe and was very eager to give it a try. As I had to go out on that day, I used a rice cooker to cook the pulav after the initial preparations. Unfortunately, I got stuck and it took me an hour more than usual time to return. When I came back home and opened the rice cooker, I was shocked to see the mess. So I had to make some instant noodles for lunch that day! The color of the cabbage enticed me to try it once more, but this time around using my own way! It did come out well and we all really liked  it. For more info on Pulav

Ingredients:
Purple Cabbage Pulav

Basmati rice 1 cup
Purple cabbage 1/2 cup
Green peas 1/4 cup
Onion 1/2
Tomato juice 1/4 cup
Garlic 1 or 2 pods
Green chillies 1
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp.
Garam masala 1 tsp.
Cilantro Few

To Splutter:

Oil 3 tbsp.
Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
Bay leaf 1
Cinnamon 1 inch
Cloves 2

Procedure:

  1. Soak basmati rice for about 10 mins.
  2. Chop onions and cabbage length wise. Split the green chilli, crush garlic.
  3. Heat oil in a pan, add the things to splutter and wait until cumin seeds color changes. Now add onions and crushed garlic and fry until the raw smell disappears and turns translucent.
  4. Then add the cabbage and green peas and fry until the cabbage is half cooked.
  5. Now add the rice and fry for a while (2 to 3 minutes). Then add tomato juice, chilli powder and garam masala and mix it. Then add 2 cups of water, salt and cilantro and allow it to cook.
  6. Serve hot with raitha or pickle.

    Sending this recipe to
    Torview and Kaarasaaram
    imageimage

No comments:

Post a Comment