The next recipe I tried with quinoa is idli. We really enjoyed it. Except for the color, it was exactly like the regular idli.
|Idli rice/Par boiled rice||1 1/2 cups|
|Urud dhal||1/2 cup|
|Fenugreek seeds||1 tspn|
|Salt||2 1/2 tspn|
- Soak rice and quinoa for about 4 – 6 hours. In another bowl soak urud dhal and fenugreek seeds for about 4 hours.
- Grind urud dhal into a smooth paste by adding water as required and remove from grinder/blender.
- Then take rice and quinoa together to the grinder/blender and grind well by adding water as required.
- Now add the grinded urud dhal and salt to the grinder and allow it to grind until everything is uniformly mixed.
- Remove from the grinder/blender and allow it to ferment for about 8 hours.
- Heat the steaming pan and apply oil to the idli moulds. Add the fermented dough to the moulds as required and allow it to cook for few minutes.
- Remove the idli moulds from heat and allow it to cool. Take the idli from the moulds and serve hot with chutneys or sambhar.