Total Time: 20 minutes
Serves : 3
|White split urud dal||1/2 cup|
|Shredded coconut||5 tbsp.|
|Dried red chili||1-2 (to taste)|
|Tamarind paste||1/4 tsp.|
|Mustard seeds||1/4 tsp.|
|Curry leaves||3-4 leaves|
- Dry roast urud dal. Keep stirring until it turns light brown color evenly (shouldn’t turn very dark). Remove the dal from the pan and allow it to cool.
- In the same pan, add oil and add dry red chili and onions and fry until the onions turn translucent. Now add the shredded coconut and tamarind and remove from stove and allow it to cool.
- In a blender/mixie grind both ingredients form step 1 and step 2 into a coarse paste along with salt. Remove form blender into a serving bowl.
- In a small pan heat oil and add mustards seeds. When it splutters add asafetida and curry leaves and remove form fire and pour it into the serving bowl and mix well.
- Serve with idly or dosai.