I made this crispy tasty channa dhal and beetroot vadai. I ate this vadai in my sister’s house. It was very crispy and tasty, so I got the recipe from her and exactly followed it, and it came out well. For more info on Vada
|Channa dhal||1 cup|
|Fennel seeds||1/2 tsp.|
|Coriander leaves||1 bunch|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp.|
- Soak channa dhal for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Set aside 1 full spoon of channa dhal. Take the remaining channa dhal, fennel seeds, red chili, and ginger and grind them coarsely in a blender or mixer grinder.
- Finely chop onions and coriander leaves. Grate the beetroot.
- Now mix all of the above with the 1 full spoon channa dhal that was set aside, turmeric powder, asafetida, and salt.
- Make small balls and flatten them.
- Pour oil in a kadai (or wok). When the oil is hot drop the flattened balls into the oil carefully and cook until it turns golden brown in color.
- Serve hot with green chutney or coconut chutney.
I’m sending this recipe to Anu's healty kitchen , A Girl's Diary.., Tickling Palates, Ohtastensee and Torview