Giving a twist to the regular idli (or idly) preparation I added kambu and it turned out well. Kambu is really healthy and the taste is also excellent.
|Par boiled rice||1 and 1/4 cup|
|Kambu||1 and 1/4 cup|
|Urud dhal||1/2 cup|
|Fenugreek seeds||1/4 tsp.|
- Soak urud dhal, kambu, and rice separately for about 4 hours.
- Grind urud dhal to a fine paste and remove from the grinder/mixie.
- Then grind rice and kambu coarsely along with ginger and green chilies.
- Add salt and remove form the grinder.
- Now mix the grinded rice and kambu along with urud dhal.
- Allow it to ferment for 8 hours.
- Heat the idli pan and pour the batter into the molds and allow it to cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with korma, sambar or chutney.
Flavors of South India
I am sending this recipe to