Translate to your Language

Monday, March 7, 2011

Brown Rice and Garlic

IMG_0345
I like this recipe since it’s very delicious and easy to make. This recipe brings back my college days memories. My mom used to pack this for lunch frequently, but especially when I have a sore throat or cold. I really enjoy this rice because of the added pepper which soothes the throat during cold. And I like the flavor of garlic, so I add little more than my mom does.

Ingredients:
Brown rice – 1 cup
Garlic – 1 Bulb
Onions – 1/2
Green chilly – 2
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp.

To Splutter:
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp.
Urudh dhal – 1/2 tsp.
Channa dhal – 1 tbsp.
Cinnamon – 1’
Clove – 2


Procedure:
Wash the brown rice and cook with 3 cups of water and allow it to cool. Heat the kadai and add cloves and cinnamon. When the color changes add all the other ingredients required (listed under To splutter). When the mustard seeds splutter add onions and fry till translucent. Add garlic and green chilies and fry till the raw smell of the garlic disappears. Now add the cooked brown rice, pepper and cumin powder and mix well. Remove from the stove and serve hot. Can also serve with potato masala. Tastes yummy!

I'm sending  this to Food Pallet Series - Brown at torviewtoronto .
 

1 comment: